over 2 years ago
I'm Jonathan, one of the lead organizers of Hack3, which is from June 26 to June 27. Remember to refer a few friends!
We're just three days away, so I'd like to share a few things.
1. Are you a beginner? If so, feel free to connect with me on Slack. We want to make this hackathon welcoming to beginners, and I'd love suggestions.
2. New website! Let me know if you have any suggestions!
3. Judges released! We have published our list of judges! These are experienced people from top tech companies (Amazon, Huawei, NetApp, Yandex, etc), so we're so excited to have them judge your projects.
4. Unique judging procedure. In addition to just submitting a Devpost project, you can choose to present live (Yes, seriously!). If you choose this, your team will be assigned a judging group (which contains 3-5 judges) for a 5-minute block from 1:00 PM EDT on Sunday to 4:00 PM EDT. You will have 2-3 minutes to present and 1 minute to answer questions. What this means is that you can get the judges' feedback live and answer any questions that they have! We'll release more details soon, but we hope most students will choose this option.
5. Financial aid applications end Thursday. As you know, we provide need-based financial assistance to low-income U.S.-based participants. In a normal 24-hour hackathon, food and shelter are provided. Even though Hack3 is online this year, we want to make sure you have enough to eat and have access to internet. If you need assistance, send me a Slack message or shoot me an email at email@example.com ASAP with your family's income, address, justification for needing assistance, and we will schedule a call.
That's it! On Friday, we will send out a lot more information. See you all on Saturday!
If you have any questions about the hackathon, please post on the discussion forum.